Friday, December 4, 2009

Parshas Vayishlach – Basar (meat)

This week's parsha food comes from a very way out, corny type of place. The pasuk says in בראשית, ל"ח, כ"ה – "ויותר יעקב לבדו", pronounced "va'yevaser ya'akov l'vado," meaning that Yaakov remained alone. In Hebrew the word בשר(basar), meat, though spelled differently, sounds the same. I know, I know, it's very corny, but it's too close to Shabbos to think of something better.

So, I bring you Peppered meat (otherwise known as Pepper Steak).

The directions for this recipe are somewhat vague, somewhere along the lines of taking as much as you want of each ingredient, putting it together in a pan somehow, and baking it until it's done. I've never actually tried it, but I had it at someone's house while I was in Israel, and it was delicious!

Pepper Steak

Sliced pepper steak
Peppers
Onions
Baby corn
Soy sauce
Paprika
Garlic powder
Salt
Water

1 comment:

Staying Afloat said...

Oy. But iy"H when you get married, you'll be able to relate to all the Jewish father pun jokes.

Pepper steak is crazy easy, but it takes some time because you have to chop things up and stand by the pan in the beginning. On the other hand, it requires very little planning.

I do it in frying pan, and you add things in order of how much time they need to cook. I like mine sweet, so I use red peppers and orange juice instead of water.