Monday, July 13, 2009

Chicken Salad

I got this recipe from Bassie Gruen (from Mishpacha magazine and the book Mother's Musings). I went to her house for Shabbos once, and let me tell you, this salad went fast. I've made it many times since I've come home, and it's become one of my family's favorites.

Chicken (from soup, leftovers …), shredded into pieces
Cherry tomatoes
Pickles
Scallions
Celery

Dressing:
    Mayonaise
    Spurt of mustard
    Pickle juice (just a little)
    Salt
    Pepper

Mix all salad ingredients together. In a separate bowl (or cup), mix dressing ingredients until smooth. Toss together. Enjoy.

You can be as original as you want with this. I've put in noodles, left out vegetables, etc. It is extremely adaptable and ca fit any family's needs.

1 comment:

Staying Afloat said...

This looks great. I actually made something similar to this dressing when we were on vacation once, because I had no vinegar but I had a jar of pickles. I love Bassie Gruen's recipes too.